Friday, December 27, 2013

December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!!! 

I got your package!!! I haven't opened it yet... way to tell me what it is... haha Two more days... Thank you very much. I am excited to open it up. I also got the package from the Finklea's. Thank you.  That's under my tree as well. Well, kind of a tree... its an aloe vera plant. It is sitting on the window sill and my packages are stacked under it. haha It was the best I could do. I got Grandma's package too. It makes you feel pretty good when the stack of gifts is taller than the tree. 

The mission Christmas party was a blast. I spent the night with the Frederick zone group that was there when I was... It was a party haha.  I met Dennis Pita. He's huge. haha He totally came to our christmas party. He talked for a bit about the role faith has played in his life. He shared how his hip injury initially was looking bad and was an injury that could end his career. Then, he got a priesthood blessing and good treatment. Sounds like he is good now. He either is playing again or expects to return to play. He talked about how while he was injured he took a step back and for the first time in his life, he was able to see himself as more than a football player. He was pretty cool. His wife came too and they both just shared short testimonies. The mission gave us rings.. the say "rwh" on them... I tried but there is no way I can wear a ring.. It's completely ridiculous. It will be quite the deterrent when I am thinking about getting married... It couldn't possibly be worth it.. It drives me nuts... so it's sitting on the floor under my desk right now.. haha The party was fun though. I am sure that there is a million new pictures on the mission blog, including one with me and Dennis. 


It's pretty crazy that it is almost Christmas. What is today the 23rd of December? Really? haha I'm pretty sure I left just the other day on May something... In one week, I will have been out for seven and a half months.. That's crazy.. 

We have a pretty good christmas day lined up. We are having breakfast with a couple that morning. We will probably end up eating lunch with the member that we are skyping with and we have a dinner set with members as well. For the dinner appointment that family is going to have their less active parents over for dinner too at the same time. It's a trap! I'm not sure that their parents know that we are going to be there or not... haha They are a pretty funny family so it should be pretty fun. Christmas eve, we have dinner with the bishop and his family. We are looking forward to that because the bishop here never has the missionaries over for dinner... as long as Elder Plumb has been here it has never happened. So we really need to establish a relationship as a bishop. It is something that I have been trying to find a way to do for a little while. Spring will be nice because we can offer to do some more service stuff... no one wants to take us up on service when it is cold outside... 

Oh yeah! We have parking lot duty at the temple on the 26th! That's awesome because that means we get to go to the DC temple and we will see the lights! I think... haha It should be fun. I have heard that the DC temple is pretty great. I am excited to see it. 

I have to say, I dont think that I have said "Merry Christmas" as many times in my life as I have this Christmas season. haha It's just like a habit now.. Someone bumped into my cart today at the store. They said sorry. I said Merry Christmas. haha 

We also had a stake musical fireside last night. We had a great turnout! There were a ton of people there. We gave tours of the church and different displays that were set up. Then there was the fireside which was really good. Our old elder's quorum president came back and played the violin. He makes violins and he plays really well. He really stole the show. 

I got a christmas card from the Burnham's. Tell them I said thank you.  

Anyway... I've gotta go. I hope you guys have great christmas. I look forward to seeing you Wednesday. 

Love you guys,
Elder Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment