Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 4, 2015

Hey guys! 
Good to hear from you guys again today! Sounds like you are having lots of fun back there. That's good. Good things just keep happening out here! It's been so so good! ah!! It's been the best! Everything is working out just fine. The Lord truly prepares a way that all things He requires may be accomplished as we work hard and follow His counsel. I have learned that over and over again this transfer. It has been a big load to manage and coordinate all the work going on here but it sure is great to be working hard and seeing miracles happen! 

Brother P! We went to the family history center this Wednesday and we printed off ordinance cards for both of his parents! Then Thursday, we went down to perform the baptisms. Sister N and sister M came with us. Sis N was baptized first for brother P's mother. And bro P was watching. It was a sweet moment. Then, he was baptized for his father.  Elder Smith and I were able to perform the confirmations. It was an emotional day for bro P. It hasn't been too often that he has been emotional in our visits but as his parents were baptized and confirmed, he was so happy and he was crying there in the temple. We had the whole baptistry to ourselves. It was so sweet. Elder Smith and I were the witnesses for the baptisms. Then, we went to the visitors center with him for a moment afterwards. It was such a good experience for him! He loved it and he assured the friendly temple workers that he would be back again.  There was this one temple worker who started talking to bro P and I, and he learned that Joe was recently baptized. We were like how was your day so far? He said "oh, glorious! Every day is glorious in the temple!" And we told him that bro P was just baptized for his parents. He says, "Oh! That's great! Great, grand, and glorious!" haha So glorious is our new word. haha It was so funny. Priceless. Bro P has received a calling as a stake day of service committee member. He received home teacher. The guy who will home teach him is an ordained seventy from back when they had stake seventy. He is awesome!. We are going to coordinate with him and begin the new member lessons with bro P, shortly. He also received a home-teaching assignment. All things are a go. And he is going to be one of the witnesses at D's baptism this coming Saturday! All things are going well for him now.
 





B and N were baptized on Saturday! Fantastic service! Bro P offered the opening prayer! haha It was so sweet! And in his prayer, he said glorious. haha There was a huge turn out. There were like upwards of fifty or more people there! I think he was a little nervous to offer the invocation but he did a great job! All the missionaries that taught them came back to the service! Elder Burgess and elder Vandergraff were both there. It was a sweet day for both of them as well! And it was fun for us to see each other! It was a powerful service and the spirit was really strong. B and N were so happy. Their testimonies at the end were very inspiring.  The ward loves them so much. It is awesome! The next day, at church was great as well. They were both confirmed and B was ordained a priest. They both have their temple recommends and we are going to do family history with them on Wednesday. That will be awesome! Miracles in the B ward! 

D!  All is well with D as well! She is set to be baptized on Saturday! She is very excited. With each baptism she attends, she feels better and better about it. She is in a good place right now. We are working hard to help her this week. She is a miracle! I will send you some more pictures next week! 

The work of the Lord is rolling here! It's incredible! It has been such a good transfer. It is hard to believe it is almost over. It's sad.. it makes me focus though. Every night when I lie down, I feel like I can see a big calendar hanging over my head. Like one of the calendars that is a thick stack of paper and each page has one day on it. And each day one more page falls down. And the pages are big metal pages. Pages and days that cannot be put back up... it drives me to do everything I can in the last two weeks. Each night, I review the day's activities and I am happy to say that at the end of each night, I have felt that I have done all I could that day. That is a peaceful feeling. It is hard to leave though.... after having stayed on top of things and been so involved with these people for so long it is a very anxious feeling I get when I think of not being here and directly involved anymore. I look forward to connecting with them as soon as I get home. And with brother K. But I trust the Lord and I know he will take care of them. 

I have my exit interview on Tuesday... that's unreal... pray for me. I don't even know what to expect. I feel like a dead man. Sister K bore her testimony on Sunday. She told her story of how she found the church and fell away and then came back. She first met missionaries only shortly before I met her last year. And that is when she started coming back. I told her that before I leave again, we should have another oreo party! Just like last time! She agrees! haha She also suggested that we do bring some ice cream. haha She did not know that I was leaving so soon. haha This ward is just too cool. This has been the best place to serve my last transfer! It's awesome!

C is also doing great! We met with him this week and we talked very specifically about baptism and what it will take. We gave an overview of all of the commandments. He agreed to live all of them. 

Well, I have gotta go now. It has been fun to talk to you guys today. I will see you Sunday. That will be lots of fun; I am looking forward to it. Oh shoot! I just realized that my exit interview is tomorrow!!! Flip! Man, that just got real... 


I love you guys,
elder Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment